We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
David Goodman trading as The Giftorium collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us:
In the course of providing you with goods and services we collect all or some of the following personal information when you provide it to us either in person ,over the telephone or via our ‘contact us’ pages on The Giftorium website or social media pages:
Your name, your address and if necessary, delivery address if different, your e-mail address and your telephone number.
If you provide us with your goods or services or work for an organisation that does then we may collect the following personal data about you both from yourself or from the organisation for whom you work;
Your name, address and telephone number and e-mail address.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information of customers for the following purposes:
To deliver goods to you when requested by you to do so;
To order goods for you when requested by you to do so;
To provide you with information about our goods and services when requested by you to do so;
To provide you with information about any events or competitions we are running when requested by you to do so;
To personalise your reviews of products and services on The Giftorium website.
We use the personal information of suppliers and suppliers’ representatives for the following purposes:
To contact you about the goods and services you offer us.
Who we share your personal information with
We will share your personal information with others I the following circumstances only:
With law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law to do so;
With our suppliers and the manufacturers of the goods we sell if this is necessary to deal with any query regarding any goods or services you have purchased from us or which we have purchased from you;
With our insurers if there is a possibility of a claim being made by you in respect of any goods or services we have supplied to you;
With members of the public who access our websites and social media sites if you have consented to us publishing your name in any reviews of our goods and services.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your name, address (and delivery address if different), e-mail and telephone number is required from you to enable us to order and if requested to do so, deliver goods for and to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Personal data collected from our suppliers or their representatives is required in order to communicate with you regarding the goods and services you supply.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold the personal data of customers as follows:
• For customers of The Giftorium we shall keep your name and contact details for so long as required to fulfil any one-off delivery or order; for so long as is required to fulfil repeat deliveries and orders; for so long as is required to provide you with information about any specific event or promotion in which you have expressed interest.
• For suppliers of goods and services, for as long as we continue to purchase or use your goods and services or for so long as you represent an organisation from whom we purchase goods or services and for as we are required to retain this information under any applicable tax, consumer protection or other relevant UK or EU law
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on our legitimate business interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are to provide you with the goods and services you have requested and to carry out the business of obtaining goods and selling our goods and services to the public generally and to individuals who have expressed an interest in acquiring or using those goods and services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to David Goodman, The Giftorium, Glanteifi, Cenarth, Carmarthenshire. SA38 9JL; ; 01239 611150 or use the ‘contact us’ form on our website.
• let us have enough information to identify and contact you,
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Written information is destroyed by shredding in a secure manner and information stored on computer or mobile devices is only accessible by those at The Giftorium with authority to do so and all devices are password protected.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 10th April 2020
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via The Giftorium website.